What to expect on your initial visit ...
Your initial visit will take about 60 minutes. It includes a comprehensive health history and pertinent physical exams.
- We may recommend and order any necessary laboratory testing.
- At the end of the initial visit, we will discuss a customized treatment plan and long-term wellness plan.
- We like to follow up every 2 to 4 weeks of the initial visit until symptoms are managed and you appear on a clear path to wellness.
- At the point of recovery, we may recommend follow ups every 6 to 12 months. Return visits last 15 to 30 minutes depending upon your needs.
What to expect from Acupuncture or Chiropractic visits …
- A treatment plan is given to you on the initial visit and will outline what course of care is recommended for your particular condition.
- Often a course of Acupuncture or Chiropractic will consist of 8-10 treatments at a rate of 2 treatments per week for 4 to 5 weeks. How often you are treated may vary depending on the severity and time you have had the condition.
- At the end of the series a follow up examination will be performed to determine how well you have responded to care and what, if any, additional Acupuncture or Chiropractic treatments you will need.
- If a new course of care is recommended the same sequence will be followed as listed above.
- At the point of recovery, we may recommend treatments/follow ups to maintain your health every 3 to 6 months. This ensures that you will stay the course and maintain the best possible outcome of health and longevity.
We believe each individual’s case is unique to them. This list is a generality of what we typically see in office with patients. Your individual plan may vary slightly from what is noted above.
Lakeside Holistic Health provides the following services:
Dr. Bailey offers complete care for the whole body. He utilizes physiotherapy, acupuncture, rehabilitation and nutrition as primary forms of treatment. Through the use of these modalities your injuries or pain may recover more quickly than through conventional chiropractic care.
Naturopathic medicine blends centuries-old natural, nontoxic therapies with current advances in the study of health and human systems, covering all aspects of family health from pediatric to geriatric care.
Naturopathic medicine concentrates on whole-patient wellness, tailoring treatment to the patient and emphasizing prevention and self care. Naturopathic medicine attempts to find the underlying cause of the patient’s condition rather than focusing solely on symptomatic treatment. Naturopathic physicians cooperate with all other branches of medical science, referring patients to other practitioners for diagnosis or treatment when appropriate.
Acupuncture is one of the oldest and most commonly used system of healing in the world, originating over 5,000 years ago. Acupuncture has its roots deeply planted in China. Its use spread throughout ancient Egypt, the Middle East, the Roman Empire and later into Western Europe as merchants and missionaries to China told of the amazing discoveries the people of the Orient had developed. Acupuncture did not become known on a national level in the United States until 1971.
Acupuncture points on the human body are connected by pathways called meridians. These meridians conduct energy, also known as qi (pronounced "chi"), between the surface of the body and its internal organs. Each point has a different effect on the qi that passes through it. Acupuncture is believed to help balance the body by allowing the normal flow of qi.
Functional medicine is an evolution in the practice of medicine that better addresses the healthcare needs of the 21st century. By shifting the traditional disease-centered focus of medical practice to a more patient-centered approach, functional medicine addresses the whole person, not just an isolated set of symptoms. Functional medicine practitioners spend time with their patients, listening to their histories and evaluating the interactions among genetic, environmental, and lifestyle factors that can influence long-term health and complex, chronic disease. In this way, functional medicine supports the unique expression of health and vitality for each individual.
Information Coming soon!