I know FOOD IS YOUR FOUNDATION to better health because I have lived it!
I grew up on a farm in rural Michigan. My family used conventional farming methods to raise wheat, corn, soybeans, and pigs. I was active in 4-H and was an avid athlete.
You would think growing up on a farm and playing sports that I would have been really healthy but I was not! I had chronic ear infections as a child which resulted in many rounds of antibiotics. I had severe eczema and asthma which resulted in chronic steroid use. This ultimately wreaked havoc on my gut and hormones.
I was also very disconnected from my food. Every time I ate I felt bloated, puffy and fat. This began a very unhealthy relationship with food which left me feeling depressed and exhausted most of the time.
Blood sugar imbalances…
I would often have sudden hypoglycemic episodes such as feeling anxious, shaky, and very irritable. My family and friends would often refer to this as ” the hulk” (as in the incredible hulk) coming out. These episodes would leave me with such intense cravings that I would consume large amounts of carbohydrates at a time which would send me on a quick high. This was followed by a quick low which usually left me feeling more exhausted. Little did I know I was on a constant blood sugar roller coaster which was causing major hormonal issues. Needless to say I did not feel well!
One fateful day I found Naturopathic Medicine…
In the summer of 1995, I began researching other health fields that could give me answers. That is when I first discovered Naturopathic medicine. The philosophy is what sold me and I knew immediately that it was exactly what I was meant to do!
Nutrition is the cornerstone to health…
Both Naturopathic medicine, Functional medicine and Chinese medicine recognize nutrition as the cornerstone to health. I learned that food was not something to just make you feel bad or fat or thin, food was there to nourish the body and create long term optimal health. I learned how eating what I thought was a healthy food was actually the root cause for so many of my symptoms. I also learned it was possible to eat and feel good at the same time.
Food is the foundation for flourishing hormonal health! I want everyone to learn how to use the power of diet and lifestyle to nourish their body, soul, and mind.
Dr. Pam moved to Coeur d Alene, Idaho in 2002 and co-owns Lakeside Holistic Health, PLLC Health, PLLC with her husband Dr. Jerry Bailey. Lakeside Holistic Health, PLLC Health, PLLC has two locations serving the Inland Northwest: Coeur d Alene, Idaho and Liberty Lake, Washington.
- Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine, National University of Natural Medicine (formerly National College of Naturopathic Medicine).
- Master of Science Oriental Medicine, National University of Natural Medicine (formerly National College of Naturopathic Medicine).
- Bachelor of Science, Central Michigan University.
- Fellow of American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine (FABORM).
- Fellow of American Board of Naturopathic Endocrinology (FABNE) candidate pending 2021.
- Certified Apeiron Epigenetic Coach.
- IFMCP (Institute of Functional Medicine Certified Practitioner) candidate pending 2021.
- Certified in IV therapy & Acupuncture Point Injection Therapy.